Governors in our school
Woodlands Governors have an important part to play in raising school standards through their key roles of setting strategic direction, ensuring accountability and monitoring and evaluating school performance. Governors act as a “critical friend”, challenging and supporting the management team. They are also accountable for monitoring the school’s progress towards development aims, ensuring strong financial control against the budget and that statutory requirements are met. They are not involved with the day-to-day running of the school, which is the responsibility of the Head and the school leadership team.
The Full Governing Body meets once a term and delegates some responsibilities to committees and working groups. Currently at Woodlands there are two main committees: Curriculum and Resources.
The Curriculum and Resources Committees normally meet twice a term.
There are different categories of Governor:
- Parent Governors (voted in by the parents and carers)
- Co-opted Governors (co-opted for their expertise)
- Staff Governors (voted in by members of the school staff)
All governors are unpaid volunteers, who give their time and enthusiasm freely, and at Woodlands, many have children at the school.
Should a parent wish to contact the Chair of Governors, please do so in writing, care of the school:
Chair of Govenors
C/O Woodlands Academy
- Chair of Govenors: Shirley Kenworthy-Wright
- Co-opted Governor: Scott Sutherland
- Co-opted Governor: Naheema Walji
- Co-opted Governor: Charlotte Colgan
- Co-opted Governor: Amy Brair Williamson
- Co-opted Governor: Miranda Gray
- Headteacher Governor: Sonia Magan
- Staff Governor: Jane Sherborne
- Staff Governor: Vacant
- Parent Governor: Sophie Tolba Elabda
- Parent Governor: Rebecca Luke
Resources Committee Terms of Reference