Welcome to the Woodlands Online Learning Zone!
Log in below using your USO login to the ‘London Grid for Learning’ and access a range of fun activities for all areas of learning. You can also log in to Bug Club to help with your reading, Times Table Rockstars to become a times table pro, Mathletics to become Maths Wizards and DB Primary to visit your class page.
Speak to your class teacher if you have any problems logging in to any of these.
|Times Table Rockstars|
Additional support for COVID-19:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, lots of online learning companies are providing free access to Parents & Carers. We will keep this updated with any we feel would be helpful:
- Please click here to have access to a list of websites with Home School learning resources for Parents & Carers.
- Twinkl – A fantastic educational resource with learning for all ages and all subjects. Setting this up is really easy to do – go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
- How to look after your family’s health and emotional well-being during this time: Please click here.
- Phonics Play – Here you will find lots of information for parents about phonics including: what exactly phonics is, how it is taught in UK schools and suggestions for helping pre-schoolers prepare for learning phonics. You will also find lots of games and ideas to explore with children at home. Click here to a go straight to the website.
- Parent Online Safety Support – please click here for advice from Ealing Local Authority.
- Parent Handbook: Wellbeing & Support during COVID19 – please click here for advice from Ealing Mental Health Support Team.
- SIX TOP TIPS to keep primary kids safe online during school closure – please click here to read.
Woodlands Academy is firmly committed to working with parents and carers to support the learning of pupils at Home. We embrace the positive impact and educational benefits that can be achieved through appropriate use of the Internet and associated communications technologies. We are also aware that inappropriate or misguided use can expose both adults and young people to unacceptable risks and dangers. To that end, Woodlands Academy aims to provide a safe and secure environment which not only protects all people on the premises but also educates them on how to stay safe in the wider world.
It is the duty of the school to ensure that every child in their care is safe, and the same principles should apply to the ‘virtual’ or digital world as would be applied to the school’s physical buildings. Please see the School’s E-safety policy for more information.